Cataracts, a common ocular condition affecting millions of Americans, are an inevitable part of the aging process. Dr. Kerry Solomon, a renowned cataract surgeon, offers his expertise in providing advanced treatment options for this condition.
Unveiling a brighter world of opportunities
with Cataract Surgery in Charleston, SC.
Cataracts are a part of the aging process. It’s not if you’ll get them, but when. Trust your precious eyesight to the surgeon physicians choose for cataract surgery—Dr. Kerry Solomon.
Affecting nearly 22 million Americans 50 and older, cataracts are one of the most common ocular conditions in the country. A cataract is a clouding of the eye’s lens caused by a buildup of protein and are a normal part of the aging process. Dr. Kerry Solomon has been named one of the best cataract surgeons, not just in the Lowcountry, but in the entire country.
As the former president of the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ASCRS), he is an industry leader, and strives to bring his patients the latest in research, technology, and techniques.
When cataracts begin to affect your day to day, you may experience on-set symptoms such as, cloudy vision, difficulty driving at night, and more. Thank goodness you can choose your cataract surgeon, and the clear choice is Dr. Kerry Solomon!
What are the signs of Cataracts?
Cataracts develop gradually, so patients may not notice them until they’re more advanced. Cataracts do not cause pain, redness, discharge, or other symptoms that would normally merit a quick trip to the eye doctor. Instead, many patients with cataracts often describe feeling as if they’re looking at the world through waxed paper or fog. If you’re over 55 and have any of the following symptoms, you may have a cataract:
- Cloudy or blurry vision
- Frequent changes to glasses prescription
- Trouble reading in low lighting
- Difficulty with nighttime driving due to glare
- Losing track of the ball during sports like golf or tennis
- Colors appearing faded or washed out
Benefits of Cataract Eye Surgery
There are many benefits of cataract eye surgery with Dr. Solomon, including the following:
- Improved vision: After cataract eye surgery, your vision should be much clearer and crisper. You will have less blur and sharper eyesight.
- Colors look more vivid: Cataract surgery improves the sharpness and contrast between colors. This can make it easier to match your clothes when getting dressed!
- More independence: With improved vision, you can reclaim the independence you used to enjoy.
- More socializing: It’s easier and more enjoyable to go out and socialize with clear vision.
- Improved safety while on the road: You are at a lower risk of getting into a motor vehicle accident when you can see the road and other cars clearly, and read traffic signs and signals.
- Reduced risk of falls: You are less likely to suffer a devastating fall (and possible fracture) when your vision is clear and not blurry.
- Enjoyment of your hobbies: You can once again enjoy your favorite hobbies, like watching television, reading, sewing or doing crossword puzzles, thanks to improved vision after cataract surgery.
- Longer life expectancy: Some studies suggest that improving your vision improves your chances of living longer.
- Better quality of life: Clearer vision can improve your quality of life and overall well-being. Our Charleston, SC cataract surgeon specialist would be happy to discuss additional benefits of surgery in detail with you during a consultation.
Lens Options for Your Lifestyle
Today’s cataract surgery is completely different from that which your parents and grandparents may have experienced. Using updated techniques and tools, Dr. Kerry Solomon can do much more than merely restore your distance vision. Patients who visit us for cataract surgery from Summerville, Goose Creek, and Johns Island, SC, and other communities near Charleston, can expect a complete lifestyle enhancement that helps them reduce or even eliminate their need for glasses and get back to their favorite activities with minimal downtime.
Dr. Solomon is pleased to offer an array of replacement lenses to suit your eyes and your lifestyle. Although cataracts are common, Dr. Solomon understands that each patient’s experience is completely unique. When you’re ready to learn more about your options for cataract treatment, request an appointment with our easy-to-use online form, or call our office at (843) 881-3937 to speak to a friendly, helpful member of our staff.